november 21st on the occasion of celebration of Madonna della Salute, the churches of San Polo and Santa Maria del Giglio will be open only for worship. The Church of Gesuati wiil be open from 10.30am to 12.00 am only for worship.
DATE: 1752-55 ca POSITION: third altar on the right (on map n°8) METHOD: oil painting
The altar currently dedicated to the Immacolata was once dedicated to Saint Catherine or Saint Mary of the Pistori seeing as it had been permitted by the German Pistori (Bakers).
Originally the altar was decorated in wood and enriched with three polychromatic statues of the Virgin Mary, Saint Catherine and Saint Barbara. The current marble renovation dates back to the mid-eighteenth century .