Author: Bartolomeo Vivarini
DATE: 1482 POSITION: Bernardo Chapel - altar (on the map n°19) METHOD: painted panel
In 1482 the Venetian family Bernardo became owner of this chapel and restored it.
The central section depicts the Enthroned Virgin and Child on her knees, a depiction that after the plague in 1631 was considered miraculous and took the name of Our Lady of Health (Madonna della Salute). The side sections represent, Saint Andrew and Saint Nicholas of Bari on the left, and Saint Paul and Saint Peter on the right. The upper section depicts The Dead Christ flanked by two angels in gilded wood.
The triptych is inserted into a Renaissance frame attributed to Jacopo da Faenza and signed by Vivarini.