DATE: 1488 POSITION: sacristry - apse - (on the map n°22) MEASUREMENTS: 115x46 cm / 184x79 cm / 115x46 cm METHOD: painted panel
This work was commissioned by the Saint Benedict branch of the Pesaro family for their noble chapel, located in the sacristy apse, where it was placed ten years after its commission. The triptych is signed and dated: Joannes Bellinus f. 1488.
On the central section, the Virgin Enthroned with Child and two musical angels is depicted, while on the side panels are the Saints Nicholas of Bari and Peter to the left, and Saints Mark and Benedict on the right.
The frame that hold the panels was designed in all probability by Bellini himself and carved by Jacopo da Faenza.