Author: Giambattista Piazzetta
DATE: 1720 POSITION: third altar on the right MEASUREMENTS: 320 x 165 cm METHOD: oil painting
The third altar on the right, built in 1725 by the stonemason Jerome Journal, is decorated with a painting by Giovanni Battista Piazzetta, an ordered to be restored in 1906 by the Galleries of Venice management.
Saint Anthony sits, foreshortened in the lower left, looking up toward the Archangel Raphael, while the euphoric Saint Luigi observes the hand above him.
With his face turned away from the scene, a child puts his hands together in prayer while two small angels or putti appear high in the clouds.