• San Giovanni Elemosinario and San Stae from november 22nd to december 12nd artistic visits suspended
  • PARTNERSHIP the Choruspass holders will have a discount at the entrance to the Scuola Dalmata dei Santi Giorgio e Trifone and to Scuola Grande dei Carmini
  • FOR CHORUSPASS HOLDERS starting from April 30th the Basilica dei Frari no grants access to choruspass holders

Churches >  Church of Santo Stefano
St Jerome

Author: Pietro Lombardo and assistants
Century: XV°
DATE: 1476 - 1480 ca.  POSITION: courtyard of sculptures (on map n°46-47) METHOD: sculpture  MATERIAL: marble

Originally the statues of Saint Jerome, Saint Nicholas from Tolentino, and Saint Andrew, were situated in the Cobelli altar, dedicated to Saint Nicholas, along the left nave. 

The dating of the three sculptures is not noted, however, the stylistic resemblance with the Monumental of Doge Pietro Mocenigo found in the San Giovanni and Paolo Church in Venice, suggests that the work was realized around the second half of the 70s in the XV century.
Chorus - Associazione per le Chiese
del Patriarcato di Venezia

San Polo, 2986 - 30125 Venezia
tel +39 041 27 50 462
fax +39 041 27 50 494
P.Iva 03034040273
REA VE-275205
info@chorusvenezia.org