• NOTICE FOR ARTISTIC VISITS from march 8th to april 3rd artistic visits supended
  •  

Churches >  Church of Sant'Alvise
Saint Augustine

Author: Bonifacio de' Pitati
Century: XVI°
DATE: XVI century  POSITION: left wall (on map n°15) METHOD: oil painting

The four panels, located along the left wall, formed the organ doors realised by Vincenzo Colombo before 1547. They were attributed to the School of Bonifacio de’ Pitati and represent Saint Ludovico from Tolosa (Saint Alvise) and Saint Augustine, which appeared while the organ was closed, while it was open it revealed the Annunciation.

The Four Evangelists and the Adoration of the Magi that adorned the choir parapet have, on the other hand, been lost.
Chorus - Associazione per le Chiese
del Patriarcato di Venezia

San Polo, 2986 - 30125 Venezia
tel +39 041 27 50 462
fax +39 041 27 50 494
P.Iva 03034040273
REA VE-275205
info@chorusvenezia.org