• churches of San Giovanni and San Stae on may 29th artistic vists suspended in San Giovanni church and San Stae church
  •  

Churches >  Basilica of Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari
Monument to Prince of Modena Almerico d'Este

Author: Anonymous
Century: XVII°
DATE: post 1666 POSITION: right nave - fourth altar - Saint Joseph of Cupertino altar (on the map n°28) METHOD: sculpture MATERIAL: marble

The altar acquired its present appearance in 1753, or rather when the statues and stucco by Alessandro Vittoria were removed to put the painting by Giuseppe Nogari representing Staint Joseph of Cupertino in ecstasy.

In 1666, the Prince of Modena Almerico d'Este was sent to rescue of the Venetian Republic under the command of a group of French auxiliary troops during the War of Candia (1645-1669).

Chorus - Associazione per le Chiese
del Patriarcato di Venezia

San Polo, 2986 - 30125 Venezia
tel +39 041 27 50 462
fax +39 041 27 50 494
P.Iva 03034040273
REA VE-275205
info@chorusvenezia.org