Author: Alessandro Vittoria
DATE: 1557 POSITION: San Michele chapel - right wall (on map n°72) METHOD: sculpture MATERIAL: Istria stone
Giovanni Battista Ferretti's memorial, upon request of his wife Giulia in 1557, was erected between the altars Assunta and Saint Nicholas of Tolentino, along the left nave.
In 1709, the memorial was repositioned over the door that leads to the courtyard, after the heirs' authorization in 1705.
The memorial reached its current location over the right side door in 1742, following the repositioning of the organ and the Monument of Bartolomeo d'Alviano. On this occasion, both the epitaph was restored and the heirs obtained of the original bust of Ferretti, work by Alessandro Vittoria, now replaced with a copy.