Author: Andrea Meldolla known as Schiavone
DATE: 1545 ca. POSITION: second chapel on the left (on map n°22) METHOD: oil painting
The six side chapels were placed from 1544-1553, and were modelled from the already exsisting side chapels that had been completed for quite some time.
Marcantonio Grimani's chapel (the third on the left) is the most important historically and artistically. The other two on the left were built after (1552-1553) in direct care of the monastery, but in retrospect subsidized by a generous donation of the same Marcantonio Grimani.
However, the three chapels on the right, are a product of the intermediate expansion phase and follow Grimani's prototype.