Author: Anonymous Northern sculptors and Lombardo's workshop
DATE: 1475 POSITION: choir (n°26 on the map)
MEASUREMENT: 4.50x13.70x16m METHOD: sculpture and inlay work MATERIAL: marble, wood
In 1475, the exterior front and side of the choir was surrounded with stones from Istria. It is divided into many sections whose bas-reliefs represent the patriarchs and prophets of the Old Testament .
Under the ambos, the Four Doctors of the Church representing: Saint Ambrose, Saint Gregory the Great, Saint Augustine and Saint Jerome. Above the crown there are statues of the apostles Saint Anthony and Saint Francis; Our Lady and Saint John the Evangelist that are positioned on the sides of the large Crucifix attributed to Verrocchio. The two busts of Saint Bernardino and Saint Louis of Anjou are placed upon two bases that hold the arch. The latter ones and the Four Doctors of the Church are the work of Pietro Lombardo while the rest is attributed to his workshop.
The two small doors with beautiful inlay work that lead to ambos are probably by Lorenzo da Lendinara Canozi (+1477)