san giacomo dall'orio artistic visits suspended on january 22nd
Christmas holidays december 25th and january 1st CLOSED; december 24th open from 10.30am to 2.30pm (Museum of Santo Stefano from 10.30am to 12am); december 31st open from 10.30am to 4pm (Museum of Santo Stefano from 10.30am to 12am); january 6th open from 12.30pm to 4.30 pm
DATE: 1470 POSITION: apse - left of the triumphant arch - (n° 15 on the map) METHOD: sculpture MATERIAL: marble
The triumphant arch, leading to the presbytery, is held up by two square pillars and decorated in a classical floral pattern, typical from the XV century. On the top, the broad arch is flanked by two sculptures: the Proclaimed Virgin Mary on the left and the Announciation Angel on the right. The inner side of the arch is, on the other hand, decorated with bas relief sections that depict the images of The Prophets.
The structure in general is attributed to Pietro Lombardo, during his intervention on Saint Giobbe, in 1470.