Author: Dalle Masegne School
POSITION: Saint Peter chapel (on the map n° 6) MEASUREMENTS: 3,85 x 3,13m METHOD: sculpture MATERIAL: marble
The Saint Peter chapel is also called the Emiliani chapel named after the bishop of Vicenza Pietro Miani or Emiliani who had it built in 1432.
The marble altarpiece on the Saint Peter chapel's altar is divided into two tiers of gothic niches housing figures of saints.
On the lower tier, full-length statues on pedestals represent: Saint Jerome, Saint John the Baptist, Saint Peter the Apostle, Saint James the Great and Saint Francis.
On the higher one there are the the busts of: Saint Lucia, Saint Catherine of Alexandria, the Virgin and Child, Saint Mary Magdalene and Saint Clare.