Author: Gian Maria Morlaiter
DATE: 1754 POSITION: opposite of the façade - first statue on the right (on map n° 3) METHOD: sculpture MATERIAL: Orsera stone
The statue, like all the others of this series, is located in a niche, placed on a typical conoidal rococo platform, with two "modiglione" spirals (an ornamental pattern that is usually found in Corinthian capitals).
Abraham is captured gripping a knife, with the heap of wood for the sacrifice at his feet, insinuating the presence of his son Isaac in the scene. This statue is one of the last of those realized by Morlaiter in this church, in 1754.